The latest Dr. Brown's Options bottles give parents a choice of how they want to feed their baby. The patented venting system allows you to feed your baby with a Dr. Brown's bottle with or without the venting system.
We recommend that you use the Dr. Brown's venting system while feeding so that your baby experiences all the health benefits:
- the venting system prevents the formation of air bubbles in the food, which prevents colic, belching and accumulation of gases;
- patented venting system effectively reduces oxidation of mother's milk and nutrient, which promotes the durability of essential nutrients such as vitamins C, A and E and lipids (based on a university study);
- the complete venting system of the bottle enables vacuum-free feeding, similar to breastfeeding.
- Some parents find that as the baby is older and more developed, removing the venting system gives you the added option of Dr. Brown's bottle feeding:
- provides feeding similar to most bottles that have a venting system in the nipple;
- a venting system in the nipple creates an appropriate flow rate.